What is IU List, and how do I use it?IU List is Indiana University's mailing list service, based on the Sympa mailing list software. Through IU List, you can manage mailing lists of large numbers of subscribers with customizable settings, create digests of messages, and maintain archives of past communications.
IU List replaced IU's LISTSERV service in spring 2012.
Note: The first time you visit the IU List service,
First login? link and then enter your email
address. IU Link will send you an email message; follow the directions
in the message to create an IU List password. Do not use your
IU Network ID passphrase as your IU List password.
To manage your mailing list, visit the IU List web interface for the campus where the mailing list is based (not necessarily your campus; see Why don't I see my mailing list on the IU List site?). Log in with your email address and IU List password (not your Network ID passphrase).
- IU Bloomington: https://list.indiana.edu/
- IUPUI: https://list.iupui.edu/
- IU East: https://list.iue.edu/
- IU Kokomo: https://list.iuk.edu/
- IU Northwest: https://list.iun.edu/
- IUPUC: https://list.iupuc.edu/
- IU South Bend: https://list.iusb.edu/
- IU Southeast: https://list.ius.edu/
- IU (for lists at the IU.EDU domain): https://list.iu.edu/
You can also manage your lists via mail commands. Send your commands
firstname.lastname@example.org , etc.). For help with mail
commands, send email with the Subject: line
HELP to the appropriate address. See On IU List, what commands are available via email?
For more, see:
- On IU List, how do I request a new mailing list?
- On IU List, how do I add or remove subscribers?
- On IU List, what subscription options are available, and how can I set them?
- On IU List, how do I manage my list subscriptions?
Last modified on August 22, 2012.